Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Glock and Knife Show 3

Here's the Glock 22 that replaced the 23 in my competition rotation! It started life as someone else's gun, perhaps a cop's, then went back to Smyrna GA for a factory rebuild. The original non-railed frame now graces my Mech-Tech carbine. I bought the railed frame from Glockmeister, who installed the lightened trigger and improved slide stop. I don't know why Glock even uses the old slide stops, except to gouge me.

The blade spends more time in my safe than my savings bonds; it's one of my "to have" toys. It's a Tanto-style Taylor/Seto MCR-11, handmade with Japanese steel. Oooh! Japanese steel, is that supposed to be good? I dunno. It's a short wakasashi (short companion sword to the katana or Samurai sword) to me. It's a good counterpoint to the G22, which gets ridden hard and put up dirty more often than not, compared to a pampered Tanto, which can still shave the hair off my arm...but I don't shave my arm much.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:27 AM, Blogger Josh said…

    Now I'm getting jealous! Nice combo.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is that a Cold steel tanto? I have one of those, they're nice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004