Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Cowboy Blob's Glock and Knife Show 2

Back in '97-98, my competition gun doubled as my favorite carry piece, a Glock 23. Jon, his brother, and I made a pilgimage to Paulden AZ for the Gunsite Invitational Match held at the world-famous shooting school. It was a multi-day, IDPA-style match designed to acquaint visitors with all the Gunsite school had to offer. The Cold Steel Special Edition "Gunsite Folder" was the prize table goody that I brought home from the experience.

Maybe a year after that, I bought a Glock 22 and retired the G23 from competition. I got the 23 a Glockmeister Gun Show Special (night sights, extended mag and slide releases) replaced the plastic guide rod with a steel one, and plugged the opening in the grip. The G23 remained my nightstand gun until I replaced it with a .357 revolver (no mag springs to fatigue) last year. I still carry the 23 occasionally.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ... niiiice... I carry a spear-point Cold Steel Recon... and a Beretta Cougar .45.. both are pretty sweet...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004