Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Did it Again

All the end of Daylight Savings Time means to me is that I have to wait an hour later for Monday Football. On a day I gave blood, I felt the siren song of the soothing sunbeam through my back window as the sun started to set. Normally the game would be beginning by then, and I'd be energized; instead, my eyelids weighed heavily on my sleepy eyes (payback from getting up so early Sunday, then staying up late bombarding German infantry in North Africa) and I drifted off to sleep. I must have consciously put the TV on mute, figuring that I'd wake up in an hour by myself, or the early-bird Trick or Treaters would wake me by then.

When I woke up, it was completely dark and the game was well in progress. And no, I hadn't turned my porchlight on yet... Didn't this happen last year? I don't have booze to blame this year. Maybe I just subconsciously wanted all the candy to myself. I'm a pig.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very noble of you to protect all of the neighbor kids from that viscious chocolate. Throw yourself on that Hershey's grenade of treats.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004