Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Almost That Time of the Year



Arizona is almost reaching the monsoon season!

In Arizona, as in other regions of the world including India and Thailand, we experience a monsoon, a season of high temperatures, high winds, and high moisture, resulting in potentially deadly weather.

The term "monsoon" comes from the Arabic "mausim" meaning "season" or "wind shift". The Arizona monsoon officially begins after the third consecutive day of dew points above 55 degrees. On average this occurs around July 7 with the monsoon continuing for the next two months resulting in about 2 1/2" of rain, about 1/3 of our yearly rainfall, however the monsoon varies year to year in starting date, duration, and intensity.
From here.

This will be a season of great lightning displays, and unfortunately, some loss of Dish Network reception due to heavy rainfall and lightning. I've missed many innings of D-Backs games last year due to the Water and Electric show. We've only had one night of Thor and Zeus playing catch so far; as I drove around today, I saw some spotty rain showers, but no lightning.

BTW: One server holding some of my pics is down for the evening. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't wait. Bring it On!!

     
  • At 1:39 AM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    They can come none too soon! Any thicker and I'll need a machete to get out my front door and to my car.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004