Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Thursday Furniture



Springfield Armory Cal .30 M-1, 3269XXX Serial, built in October-to-November 1944 (according to Fulton Armory Garand Site). No other stamps on it; as this was a west Texas gun show purchase, I suspect it might have been somebody's CMP rifle.

Bayonet is an M-5 (made post-Korean War) with an M8A1 scabbard. Yeah...I think that's a bit of surface rust on the blade. I got this out to the desert just in time.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger BillyBudd said…

    I have an M-1 Garand I received after a DCM shoot that is in terrific shape. A great piece with a distinctive bark. I would not want to be on the other end of it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004