Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Happy Retirement, Chief!



Yesterday, a really great guy hung up his uniform after 25 years service in the Air Force. We both raised our right hands on 12 September, 1979; I was fresh out of high school...he was a wise old Tennessee college student who'd been to Europe and did countless things I'd never imagined. Naturally, the Air Force recognized his wisdom and made him our Dorm Chief (which is why I still call him "Chief"). Although his career stopped short of the "E-9 Chief" mark, he's still the top to me and his sizeable family who flocked in from all over the south to see the crowning moment of a great miltary career.



Alan treated a bunch of us to a great night of barbeque and suds at Laurel MD's Red, Hot, and Blue. Today he headed up to Gettysburg with family and friends to share his love of history. I had a date with Mom further north in Pennsylvania. More later....

1 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok I thought that you lived in AZ??? You were 10 min from my house in MD...

    Kirk
    www.limpidity.org/blog

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004