Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, October 04, 2004

Stuck in the CD Player

If you had to drive across your state and could play only one commercially produced CD the whole time (perhaps because your ejector was broken), which would it be? My choice is 10,000 Maniacs MTV Unplugged. On long trips, I've been known to let it play through a couple of times before selecting another. Natalie Merchant's voice just holds me and I find myself looking forward to even its imperfections, like the break in "Because the Night." The rest of the ensemble gets its props in "Stockton Gala Days," the most stirring track on the album. Unfortunately, the CD lacks a couple of great tracks that were included in the video. Yes, I have the video (on laserdisc!) and enjoy Natalie's cover of "Jolene" and her duet with David Byrne doing "Dallas." How about you?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alanis Morisette's "Jagged Little Pill"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004