Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Ouch!

Tonight I realized that my ferrets, Lenny and Squiggy, had never had peanut butter, something my first ferrets, Gracie and Coco, relished as a snack. Well, I put a small dab on two fingers and Squiggy just stuck his nose into it, unimpressed. Lenny, on the other hand, licked furiously, then BIT! across my forefinger, fortunately, not hard enough to draw blood, but barely so. I tested his determination by raising my finger to eye level (ensuring he had a soft landing area in case he quit), but he just stayed clenched on my finger, hanging there. I finally scruffed him and extracted my finger, smeared his nose with the rest of the PB, and released him.

Fortunately, I didn't have to run to the Emergency Room and miss tonight's Mail Call from Afghanistan!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger SkyDaddy said…

    I used to raise fear-its myself. Got bit through the thumb once by my big male. Once. He got a flying lesson after I extracted his canine from my thumbnail.

    One of the others was cute - she'd like to be hoisted up by her teeth. I'd make a circle with thumb and forefinger, she'd bite OVER the fingertips, and we'd play "up goes the weasel."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004