Relaxin' with a Muriel Coronella and a rum and Diet Coke after an abbreviated class day and a nap. Screenwriting (actually Writing for Film and TV
) was painless since we've already taken the final; we watched Eleanor Coppola's documentary on the making of Apocalypse Now
to give us a sense of what can happen to a screenplay in the hands of an all-powerful director. My afternoon Cinematography
class was technically a "lab day," but since the film for our music video hasn't come back yet, I'll be scrambling to edit that this weekend.
Last night in Video Editing
, we did video capture from our own cameras. My Sony HVR-A1U was the Belle of the Ball, though there were some mighty fine workhorse cameras in evidence. A classmate who does a lot of hunting documentaries had the pride of place at the instructor's workstation... if wonder if Pam had known he was gonna show a Turkey Snuff Flick, whether she would have made that assignment. I was asked to do a show'n'tell on High-Def Video, but Final Cut Pro 6
still has no output to HD capability, so I don't know what that proved; the 1080i picture actually looked a bit messed up. The Sony's output looked pretty kick-ass; I didn't bring any footage, so I shot it all in the low light of the classroom beforehand. If I dwelled a little bit longer on the pretty girls in the class....
I was the first one out of our Video
final Tuesday, which I take as a good sign. I can crush a multple-choice/true-false test if I don't go back and change my right answers into wrong ones.
Methinx since the Saloon BlogStation is struggling with memory issues, I gotta restrict my playlists to reasonable chunks o' files.
1. Grateful Dead "One More Saturday Night"
2. Huey Lewis & the News "I Wanna New Drug"
3. Hot Chocolate "You Sexy Thing"
4. Han Maum (a very sweet-sounding Korean duet) - Track 9
5. Journey "Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'"
6. John Paul Young "Love is in the Air"
7. Joe Cocker "You are So Beautiful"
8. Huey Lewis & the News "Workin' for a Livin'"
9. J. Geils Band "Musta Got Lost"
10. Impelliteri "Leviathan"
11. Johnny Cash "Johnny Yuma"
12. Johnny Lang "There's Gotta Be a Change"
13. J. Geils Band "Give it to Me"
14. Jackson 5 "ABC"
15. Ian Thomas "Painted Ladies"
16. Heat Wave "Boogie Nights"
17. Joan Jett & the Blackhearts "Be Straight"
18. Johnny Cash & June Carter "Jackson"
19. Heart "Dreamboat Annie"
20. Herb Albert & the Tijuana Brass "The Lonely Bull"
Labels: geekery, studnut